The student news site of West Early College

The RODEO

Broncos pre-season

Xyan Lovato

Broncos are starting off aggressively on offense and defense, and the Broncos are just getting started. The Broncos are undefeated in the preseason and are the 1st in the west division for now. Denver beat the Chicago Bears, San Francisco 49’ers, Green Bay Packers, and the Arizona Cardinals. All Denver has to do know is to see who’s actually going to play on the team and who’s not. Broncos are limited to up to 53 players on one team. Players have to practice hard to show their coach why they want to be on the team.

Trevor Siemian (starting quarterback) has made a major impact in on the team. Trevor won the starting position of being a starter. Trevor brings strength and intelligence to the field. Trevor Siemian can throw the ball down the field, he could keep the play alive by scrambling out of the pocket. It doesn’t take long for Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders to get open. Trevor Siemian can possibly lead this team to the Super Bowl this year. Siemian was interviewed and said the following, “You have to understand your role as a quarterback,” Trevor Siemian said. “You’re a leader of the team and you have to embrace that, and I do. But also, I’m just going to be myself, be authentic, a good teammate and be a good quarterback. Hopefully, guys can rely on me. That’s my mindset.”

J. Ward’s (safety) time with Denver is currently coming to an end. Ward has brought the best part of the Broncos defence. T. J. has brought a lot of energy, motivation, and intensity to the team. Ward has played 3 years with the Broncos. 2016-2017 has been one of the best years that he had with the Broncos. Von Miller thought that the news of T. J. was fake. Von Miller says if this was true T. J. has to stay patient, Miller says that because Mr. Elway and the guys upstairs push this organization in a great way. Miller also says that they’re going to continue to make moves for their players. If T. J. were to leave Justin Simmons has been playing well enough to fill in for T. J.